Request Information about the Dental Assisting program!
Dental Assisting Program
Dental Assistants provide care and comfort to people with dental care needs. They're good with their hands and work well as a part of a team.
If the following qualities describe you, Dental Assisting might be a good program choice:
- Good manual dexterity
- Team player
- Reliable, responsible
- Respectful of confidentiality
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Get satisfaction from helping others
Dental Assisting: What's the job outlook?
Dental assisting is expected to be one of the fastest growing occupations through the year 2018.* Dentists are expected to hire more dental assistants to perform routine tasks, so they can devote their time to more complex procedures.
What will I do with my education?
Graduates of Heald's Dental Assisting program pursue rewarding careers in a variety of settings, including general and specialty practices, dental clinics, armed forces dental facilities, dental supply manufacturers, and insurance companies. You'll succeed in positions such as Dental Assistant, Chairside Assistant, Dental Receptionist, Dental Secretary-Bookkeeper, Dental Supply Salesperson, or Dental Insurance Specialist.
Receive hands-on experience in our well-equipped labs:
- Training rooms with dental chairs
- Digital radiography equipment
- A dark room for dental X-ray development
- Sterilization and materials labs
You'll get more than career training at Heald. You'll gain professional polish so you can be an asset your first day on the job. If you're interested in this program, you can pursue the following future educational options:
- Associate in Applied Science degree in Dental Assisting
- Click here for the Dental Board of California
For a faculty listing of CODA-approved campuses, please click on one of the following links:
- Concord Dental Assisting Faculty List
- Hayward Dental Assisting Faculty List
- Honolulu Dental Assisting Faculty List
- Modesto Dental Assisting Faculty List
- Portland Dental Assisting Faculty List
- Roseville Dental Assisting Faculty List
- Stockton Dental Assisting Faculty List
The above serves as a general overview for this program. For details, please refer to our academic catalog.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11. Your own hard work, professionalism, experience, work attitude, local market and other factors will impact your personal employment opportunities and pay.